Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tottenham Manager Harry Redknapp No England Talks Spurs Boss Insists He Has Not Held Discussions With The FA.

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has denied he has held talks with a view to becoming the next England boss and the reports over the weekend suggested the Football Association was ready to dismiss Fabio Capello following the abject display against Wales in fact took England to within a point of the qualifying for Euro 2012.

Capello is set to step down regardless after the finals in Poland and Ukraine next summer for a England qualify and the Spurs chief Redknapp is thought to be the leading candidate as a successor and the former West Ham, Portsmouth and Southampton boss has made little secret of his interest in managing England for a he has denied he has already discussed the role with FA officials.

He said, in the London Evening Standard, Until I get offered the job I wouldn't have a decision to make at the moment i haven't spoken to anybody about being England manager and i want to see England do well, I want Capello to get them to the Euros and I want them to win it they win it under Capello, I definitely won't get it.

Redknapp's immediate focus is instead on Tottenham, who are preparing to host Liverpool in the Premier League on Sunday lunchtime and he said, i love doing what I'm doing. I enjoy my job at Tottenham and i am lucky to be managing a top club, a great club, and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment