Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Owen Hargreaves England Target Midfielder Relishing Return To Action For City.


Owen Hargreaves has set his sights on getting back into the England squad as he prepares to make his Manchester City debut and the midfielder joined City on transfer deadline day is in line to make his bow for his new club in the Carling Cup game against Birmingham on Wednesday.

Hargreaves has endured an injury-plagued last few years and making just four appearances in the last 3 seasons for Manchester United prior to his switch to City for the 30-year-old is relishing getting back to playing football and he admits he has set himself a number of targets after several seasons in a wilderness.

Yes, I've written down a few targets, Hargreaves told The Independent and i will keep those to myself but I just want to get back and play football and what I've done for a long time but it's been taken away from me of a i have missed it and all the times I've played for a team I think I've helped them to get better and I hope that will be true of my time here.

Hargreaves added, i am a competitive person and i like to set my targets high and i have never not succeeded in achieving something that I've set myself out to achieve so yes of i have just got to take it step by step and i have just got to get back in training, consistently playing for a natural progression of I do a great job here then I will be in the England team probably again and we'll take it step by step 1st.

Owen Hargreaves International career for a Born in Canada to a Welsh mother and an English father and he was eligible to play international football for any one of England, Wales or Canada and a youngster he was a regular in a youth setups of Wales and was set to make his debut for the Wales U21 team against the Belarus U21 team in September 2000 but pulled out of the squad after he was approached by England and he played his 1st full international game on 15 August 2001 against the Netherlands at White Hart Lane and the FIFA announced that Hargreaves and Philipp Lahm would visit South Africa in advance support for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.

To View This Sites: Gas Grills

No comments:

Post a Comment