Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cristiano Ronaldo Complete Interview With El Larguero (11 Feb 2011)


All these kids dream of being footballers like you ...
CR : I've already passed that age and they have a life to live and have to believe that one day they may be a football players.

In the face of these children are watching you?
CR : Yes, because I went through that age and I know how they feel, what they say, what they want to be. To me it's like going back and sit there. It's similar to the dreams I had.

What was your dream ? How did you go through it ?
CR : I was a normal boy, who liked to play with the ball with the elderly. I stopped playing football when my mom called me at night. They were the happiest moments of my life because you do things without thinking, say what you think, you have no evil ... And thanks to the childhood I enjoyed myself and I have fulfilled the dream of being a footballer.

When playing with the older one, did you get kicked ? 
  CR : Because I was young, but I did many bad things with the ball, trying to do things I do now. But I got up and just went on, because they were older than me and if I talk a lot, they would beat me.

Were you small ?
CR :I was very small and skinny. I got big on my 13 or 14 yrs. It was on my genetics.

What is the secret to get there?
CR : I have a very clear and definite opinion. Regardless of who I am, which is played in life always believe and feel that you can become a football player, because if you work hard you can get wherever you want. Everyone has a chance in life and you have to believe in it. I started with 12 years at Sporting Lisbon and everything went very well for me. I left my family and I cried every day. Life was complicated, but I overcame.

How was it being alone since 12 years old?
CR : It was very painful. I let the people who loved me and go over an unknown location was very hard. But I am also grateful to my family for letting me to be what I am.

At Geneva, Messi has won again.
CR : I do not take it as a personal duel. I like this kind of games. It was a nice game, but Argentina was lucky to have a 90 minute penalty. It was a game well played.

Did you talk to Messi?
CR : Nothing special, just like with Di Maria.

You have the image of being very “chulo” (cocky). Do you understand what “chulo” means?
CR : Now I do. It has a different meaning in Portuguese. Do you know what it means? No? I’ll explain it to you later. But in Spanish it’s different. Each person has their opinion. I don’t care what others think of me. I don’t open myself up to everyone because I don’t want everyone to know the real me. I’m used to it. Some things that I hear bother me, but this forms part of my life and my way of being.

Do you mind being told that that "that Portuguese is xxx ...?
CR :I only listen when they say "that Portuguese is good." Everything else I don't listen.

But that's motivates you?
CR : No need to insult me to play well. I always play with ambition to help my team, scoring goals, making assists, putting....failures ...

Would you like them to see you differently?
CR : No, I don't care. The people who calls me "the Portuguese..." are the first to ask for my autograph. I don't think they're all like that. It's just a small group, that contagious to others.

Why do they shouted at you ?
CR : The truth is I tried to find out many times why they insult me, but I still don't understand. Is it because I'm good player, being pretty, being ugly, what I have, being envy ... I don't know the answer.

Do you consider yourself a good person?

CR : Very nice. I am not hypocritical , I say things in front of your face. I try to be honest. And who is good with me, I also good with them.

Have your life changed after having a child ?
CR : A lot. It's one of the best things in my life. At first it is a bit strange, but then you start to have a different point of view, and I'm very happy. Has been fulfilling a dream I had.

Do you think he looks like you ?
CR : My mom and my sisters say no. Others say yes and others say no. It's okay, he is handsome.

Would you promise an easy future for your son?
CR : He will have a lot of pressure, but it's part of life. He is the son of a famous person, plays for Madrid. He'll get use to it.

Experts say that Cristiano has to be tired. Do you feel tired?
CR : Not now. I feel good. I think in the last phase of the championship I will feel better than before. I'm better now than one or two months ago. The truth is that I'm great and I feel perfectly.

Do you see the Barcelona games?
CR : No, I dont. But if I'm home and they were on, I watch it. But I'm not aware of their schedule. I don't see much football. I'm a sports fan and watch other sports like basketball, ping pong ...

Do you like to see sports or movie ?
CR : I see a bit of everything and I like to go out.
But don't go out much ...

When you’re at home, what do you do? Read, watch TV, watch movies?
CR : All of that, and I study English so I don’t lose it and so I can learn some more.

But you speak English perfectly.
CR : I don’t even speak Portuguese perfectly. I speak it, I speak it, you understand? But not perfectly.



Do you understand him ? (to the kids that quickly reply.. Yeesss....)
CR : It’s because I’m communicating well. I’m a person who likes to learn. When I reached a certain age, around 23, I became more interested in learning more. And now more so, so that I can educate my son well.

Can you imagine doing homework with your child?
CR : Sure, I do and I like it.

Have you changed the diapers?
CR : Sure. But I don't really like it.

Do you enjoy reading?
CR : Not too much.

Are you concerned about things happening in the world?
CR : When I get home, I have interest to watch the news to know what's happening in the world we live. I try to know a bit what happens.


What worries you most now?
CR : What happens in Egypt, in Greece ...

Do you ask for help?
CR : Yes, but we can not help everyone. What we can do is help some institutions, but all is impossible. Occasionally, Madrid, me, Jorge Mendes company (Gestifute) try to help a little.

Many people ask for your money?
CR: Real friends, no. We received many letters and people think we're Santa Claus, but we can not help everyone.

And now is the time for the children to ask question to CR.

Why Mourinho and Valdano not get along?
It's easy, you are wrong. They get along very well. They have always been friends.

Who is the best player according to you ?
At this time, Messi is considered the best player.

Is Barcelona the best team?
It's in the top of the best in the world. Is proving they are very hard to beat.

Would you prefer the Spanish or the English League?
I like both. I played six years in England and I liked it, but the Spanish League is not far behind. For me the two most competitive in the world.

Would you dare to ask Florentino to renew Pepe ?
If I were president, I would renew Pepe tomorrow. And if I have a chance to see the president, I will joke about why not renew him.

What is your relationship with Iker? Is it true you were angry for months?
All lies. I've always had a very good relationship with Iker and all the Madrid players.

What will you do on when you retire ?
I don't know, I'm still thinking. There are many things I want to do, but I still have seven or eight years left to think.

If it was not football, what would you like to be ? 

Continued my studies, because I stopped studying early on due to football. 

Were you a good student? 
I wasn’t a bad student, I worked hard. I wasn’t that kid who wore glasses, you know, but a hardworking kid. I had to study more than those kids with glasses to learn. I had to study at home as well. I would like to continue learning, to take classes. I stopped studying when I was 16 because I was training with the first team of Sporting de Lisboa and I couldn’t do both. I would have liked to study marketing. Or else be a PE teacher. Something like that.

Not a doctor or a lawyer? 
That would require a lot of years of studying. (So something shorter). Yes, shorter.
 

Who is your best friend in the club ?
I get along with almost everyone, but most close to Pepe, Marcelo, Kaka. We're close because we're about the same age. We all get along well and do things together. All are mingle with everyone.

How is Adebayor ?
A very nice guy. England already knew him because he played against Arsenal. I really like him.

And how is Benzema to you ?
Benzema is phenomenal. He's a nice guy and a great player. He did a great goal on Wednesday.

Between Agüero, Fernando Llorente and Rooney who do you prefer?
I think that Madrid did not need any players now, but all three are very good.

If you have asked for advice by Florentino, which player would you sign?
Adebayor.

What is the biggest club, Manchester United or Real Madrid?
The Madrid fans level is impressive. I did not see anything like it. They are two of the biggest clubs.

How do you like Madrid ?
It's perfect, very comfortable.

Would you stay and live in Madrid?
Now, I would live here, because it's where my family loves.

How about Mourinho?
He's perfect. he's a top coach and he use with the pressure. Will do well in Madrid.

Is he going to leave ?
No, he's going to be here with us.

How did you feel when you lost 5-0 against Barcelona?
It was one of the most difficult loses to overcome in my career, but there are good things out of that loss. Learn a lot from it and not making the same mistakes.

Already know how to win at Barcelona?
Mr Mourinho knows how to do it and we have an idea.

The final will be very different?
The coach knows what the best strategy to win and I am sure we will win.

Are you a fan of social networks? You have twitter, right?

Yes, and Facebook too. But I have people who… (answer for you). Yes, but they’re people close to me, such as family. I know what they write, but I’m not a big fan of social networks, just a little one.

Do you like to sleep a lot? 

No, the normal.

What time do you go to sleep?  
At 23:30 or 24h. Always. I get up at 08:30h. I have breakfast at Valdebebas. It takes 30-40 minutes to drive there. I have lunch at home, I have someone who cooks for me, and my mom as well. I usually have dinner at home as well, unless we go out to eat with friends or family at a restaurant, but generally I eat at home.



Short Video

No comments:

Post a Comment