Wednesday, July 14, 2010

South Africa 2010: The Interviews

The FIFA World Cup 2010 South Africa showed to be every inch the sight promised by organizers of these first worldwide showpiece theatrical on African soil. Because the competition’s bureaucrat website, FIFA.com feature a vast array of meetings with the tournament's top stars. Read on for a example of some of the more tempting one-on-ones, or click on the link to the right to read them all.

Andres Iniesta (ESP), 12, July 2010
I'm happy, I'm really happy, that I've been able to score these decisive goals. But the whole team's done an excellent job

Diego Forlan (URU), 12 July 2010
I’m enjoying it [being named South Africa 2010’s top player] and I’m delighted, but I’m very aware that it’s the result of the spectacular tournament the team has had. It’s another reward for this positive period for Uruguayan football.

Robin van Persie (NED), 11 July 2010

Cesc [Fabregas] is a fantastic player. I also find it really strange that he isn’t in the first team for Spain. I don't understand that at all. I think he’s incredible. I’ve been playing at Arsenal for six years with him and every year he’s improved. He’s the captain of our team and I have a lot of respect for him.
full story:

No comments:

Post a Comment